Deutsch/German
English

Forum

DKP login

PostPosted: 07.07.2007, 15:50
THis is driving me crazy now....

i have a few members that registered to the site, they can see all the stuff in the forums but they cannot login to the dkp site, nore can i see them in the members list

it worked for my account but noone elses...

PostPosted: 07.07.2007, 16:34
jesus frikken christ.....after hours of messing around i find it...

why is it that everyone has to be added to the "dkp-system user" usergroup in order to access and login to the dkp side?

i would like to be able to add that access to any usergroup i create is this possible, please?

i don't want to have to add every member to 2 different user groups just to be able to access the dkp system

GildenDKP // Chef
PostPosted: 07.07.2007, 18:00
Mercwar wrote:why is it that everyone has to be added to the "dkp-system user" usergroup in order to access and login to the dkp side?

This is, to avoid, that users that are not part of the guild have access to the dkp system. It's easy to manage like this, as anybody in this group, is a regular guild member.

And as you make a member group anyway for your forums, to enable internal forums functionality, you can use this group therefor.

Mercwar wrote:i would like to be able to add that access to any usergroup i create is this possible, please?

I'm sorry, but this can't be done. There is only one group able to get access.

The only other possibility is, to enable regular usage of forums and DKP, with two needed registrations for users, and two different logins.

Mercwar wrote:i don't want to have to add every member to 2 different user groups just to be able to access the dkp system

Just no need for that, as you can use this group for your members also.
You can also rename this group.

Yours Jens

PostPosted: 07.07.2007, 21:58
so rather than being able to set permissions for the forums by group, i have to set them by each person.....as if i didn't have enough work...

and i have to allow access for anyone i give persmission to change and adjust dkp etc anyway, the default settings i did do not allow anyone to change anything that was for anyone else but themselves...

there really should be an option when setting forum permissions to allow or disallow use of the dkp modules with disallow on default like the rest of the options are anyway....

also i do not see any options to move block positions up or down on the portal side, or to turn then on and off with the exception of a few....

also there is no logout for admin even tho i have to login a second time to get into the admin section, so i always have to logout of everything when i'm done and log back in every single time i goto the site......

PostPosted: 07.07.2007, 23:02
sorry i don't mean to complain just things i'm seeing as i go along...

now im getting errors with set right and set progress and special items, are these things that get populated as the items are looted and the dkp information is uploaded?

Warning: array_count_values() [function.array-count-values]: The argument should be an array in /home/www/servers/gildendkp/englisch/cthun/hoc/dkp/plugins/itemspecials/specialitems.php on line 449

and i don't seem to be getting thoses icons showing for either

PostPosted: 08.07.2007, 12:52
please look at my databases, and wcan you wipe all raids? because it is not working properly, times are changing automatically, and screwing up raid times, and i do not have an option to delete raids?

set items doesn't work, importing dkp raid strings always pops up with "dkp string is invalid"

and i thought the databases were linked...??? yet i would have to re-setup every table as if it were brand new, including all the options and members/users, although at this time we only need to use one table as we are going to put all dkp into one pool for now.

not for nothing but i manage a few websites with portals and forums myself and this has been a lot of trouble right from the begining, and is setting back our raiding and dkp progress

GildenDKP // Chef
PostPosted: 08.07.2007, 13:45
Hello

Mercwar wrote:so rather than being able to set permissions for the forums by group, i have to set them by each person.....as if i didn't have enough work...

Sure you can by group... In a simple setup, you need two grous:

Members and Admins. And you can easily use the member group as dkp group, too, so no need for any additional group for basic functionality.

Mercwar wrote:and i have to allow access for anyone i give persmission to change and adjust dkp etc anyway, the default settings i did do not allow anyone to change anything that was for anyone else but themselves...

Yes, this is the regular way, any EQdkp is working.

Mercwar wrote:there really should be an option when setting forum permissions to allow or disallow use of the dkp modules with disallow on default like the rest of the options are anyway....

The integration of this would be really nice, but as this are two complete different systems (phpBB and EQdkp) the integration of this would not be very simple. Anyway, we are trying to improve all functions of our system, so maybe this would be a feature in the future.

Mercwar wrote:also i do not see any options to move block positions up or down on the portal side, or to turn then on and off with the exception of a few....

There are two ways to enable/disable blocks: The Admin menu at the portal section, or by editing the style template file directly.

Mercwar wrote:also there is no logout for admin even tho i have to login a second time to get into the admin section, so i always have to logout of everything when i'm done and log back in every single time i goto the site......

Double login is a security feature, provided by phpBB. But as you can set cookies, and save your login data, you can completely automate this.
Logging out everytime is only nessecary, if you use a public PC. Anyway, you get automatically logged out from the admin session, after 10 minutes of inactivity within the admin panel.

GildenDKP // Chef
PostPosted: 08.07.2007, 13:51
Mercwar wrote:sorry i don't mean to complain just things i'm seeing as i go along...

No problem, thats your right to ask.

Mercwar wrote:now im getting errors with set right and set progress and special items, are these things that get populated as the items are looted and the dkp information is uploaded?

No, you need to do an initial setup at the admin section of this plugin.

Mercwar wrote:Warning: array_count_values() [function.array-count-values]: The argument should be an array in /home/www/servers/gildendkp/englisch/cthun/hoc/dkp/plugins/itemspecials/specialitems.php on line 449

This occurs, because no initial setup of items has been done yet.

Mercwar wrote:and i don't seem to be getting thoses icons showing for either

Same as above. Just go to admin panel -> ItemSpecials -> Config and populate the database with english items.

GildenDKP // Chef
PostPosted: 08.07.2007, 14:13
Mercwar wrote:please look at my databases, and wcan you wipe all raids? because it is not working properly, times are changing automatically, and screwing up raid times, and i do not have an option to delete raids?

You can delete raids at the admin panel -> Raids -> List -> Select the raid to delete -> click on delete raid

Mercwar wrote:set items doesn't work, importing dkp raid strings always pops up with "dkp string is invalid"

Do you use our provided raid tracker version? Please check your version number and paste it here.

Mercwar wrote:and i thought the databases were linked...??? yet i would have to re-setup every table as if it were brand new, including all the options and members/users, although at this time we only need to use one table as we are going to put all dkp into one pool for now.

Yes they are. Users just have to be inserted once. Any user inserted at one table, will be inserted at any other table, too.

Yours Jens

Return to Problems managing